The 2022 World in Serbia Scholarship for International Students the application is starting on 13th October 2022 make sure you quickly secure yours.
The Government of the Republic of Serbia is offering scholarships for Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral programmes to the citizens of the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) member countries, including South Africa, to study at the identified higher education institutions for the 2022/2023 academic year
Application Deadline: 13th October 2022
Eligible Countries: South Africa
Type: Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD
Value of Award: The World in Serbia scholarship covers the following:
- Free Serbian language preparatory course (Serbian on-line course and Serbian language intensive course upon arrival in the Republic of Serbia);
- Tuition at basic academic or vocational studies, specialist vocational studies, master academic studies or doctoral studies;
- Monthly stipend to the value of 15.000,00 Serbian dinars (approximately R 2165.01);
- Student accommodation and food expenses;
- Compulsory health insurance (up to age of 26);
- Residence Visa; and
- Free verification of secondary and higher education.
- The Department will provide support to successful awardees with travel costs to and from Serbia, as well as a settlement allowance.
- Citizen of a of a NAM member/observer state;
- Must be nominated by the South African Government through the Department of Higher Education and Training;
- Must be under the age of:
- 21 for first degree studies – Bachelor academic studies and Bachelor vocational studies;
- 25 for specialist vocational studies of first degree and for the second degree studies: Master’s degree academic studies, Master’s degree vocational studies, specialist academic studies;
- 35 for third degree studies – Doctoral academic studies.
- Applicants must hold academic/vocational studies completed over four years for Bachelor’s programme.
- Applicants must be in good command of English or Serbian language;
- All applicants must be in good health, and produce a medical certificate not older than 6 months, confirming that they have not contracted an infectious/contagious disease and a Negative HIV test.
How to Apply: Applicants must complete the Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development Application form, attach the required supporting documents, and submit to Internationalscholarships@dhet.gov.za.
Applicants must submit the following documents:
- A complete application form with two selected study programmes
- A CV with a motivational letter;
- Certified copy of passport;
- Certified copies of all post-school qualification certificate;
- Certified copies of all post-school academic transcripts;
- English or Serbian Language proficiency certificate;
- Medical certificate not older than 6 months confirming that you do not suffer from an infectious/contagious disease; and
- A negative HIV test
All documents submitted must be clear and in PDF format (no photographs of documents will be accepted).
Note: after passing entrance exam and admission to a specific programme, scholarship holders will not be permitted to change the study programme.