Intake student nurse for South African citizens 2023
DEADLINE: July 31, 2022
Candidates are invited to apply to Gauteng College of Nursing to study for the Diploma in Nursing in 2023 at any of the College’s campuses: • Ann Latsky Campus • Chris Hani Baragwanath Campus • SG Lourens Campus • Bonalesedi Campus.
Please consider the following to successfully apply and qualify for the training:
• You must register a profile on the system before you can apply.
• Must be a South African citizen residing in Gauteng Province.
• You must hold one of the following school leaving certificates: a Senior Certificate, a National Senior Certificate, currently in Grade 12 or National Vocational Certificate Primary Health
• Applications must be submitted to the GPG Professional Job Center system before or on July 31, 2022; NO late applications will be accepted
• Certified documents are uploaded to the system, but you must bring supporting documents to the selection center if you are shortlisted.
• Applications submitted by email or sent by email will not be accepted, all applications must be made online.
The following subject criteria are required:
• Senior Certificate: English HG D or SG C, Biology HG D or SG C, Mathematics HG D or SG C and an M score of 17
• National Senior Certificate: English Level 4, Life Sciences Level 4, Mathematics Level 4 or Mathematics Literacy Level 5, and an APS of 27 or more (Life Orientation counts for half of the score)
• National Vocational Certificate: 50% in fundamental subjects (English first additional language, mathematics/mathematics, life orientation) and 60% in vocational subjects (SA Health Care System, Public Health, The Human Body and Mind and Community Oriented Primary Care )
• Current Grade 12 students must meet the National Senior Certificate requirements in their Grade 11 final results.
COMPETENCES AND CHARACTERISTICS:
Problem-solving ability • Patience • Ability to interact with people • Organizational ability • Leadership ability • Flexibility • Calm during a crisis • Communication, math and life skills • Computer skills • Study skills • Honesty • Compassionate and caring.
Successful applicants are required:
• To sign an agreement with the Ministry of Health
• To attend lectures
• Willingness to participate in Work Integrated Learning (WIL), including shift work and working holidays, weekends and nights in Gauteng Department of Health hospitals and clinics as part of the program requirements.
KEEP IN MIND THAT:
• Make sure you qualify and meet the minimum requirements before applying
• If you do not receive feedback within 3 months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
How do you apply for the student-nurse intake 2023?
Click here to request the Student Nursing Intake 2023 or use the following link: https://nursingintake.gauteng.gov.za/PublicNursing/WelcomeNursing.aspx
Also take a look at > Department of Employment and Labor new vacancies for the month of July 2022