NITDA IT Training for Persons with Disabilities
One of NITDA’s permanent missions is to create IT awareness and ensure universal access to promote the spread of IT in all sectors of our national lives. In line with this, NITDA is expanding its capacity development program to include persons with disabilities (PLWDs) to promote NITDA’s digital inclusion policies in this sector.
The vision of the Honorable Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Prof. Isa Ali Ibrahim (Pantami), FNCS, FBCS, FIIM is to empower the entire citizenry through information technologies with the development of a critical mass of IT skilled and globally competitive manpower.
The empowerment of people with disabilities is important for inclusive, equitable and sustainable skills, as envisioned in the Federal Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy’s National Digital Economy Policy and Strategy, which promises to “leave no one behind”.
This Capacity Development Program is an annual program for Persons with Disabilities (PLWDs) with this edition planned for South-South, Nigeria; taking place in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
NITDA IT TRAINING OBJECTIVES;
The objectives of the training and empowerment are:
1. Facilitate and improve digital inclusion among participants;
2. To enable participants to become proficient in innovatively applying the technological tools to improve life and fulfill their job requirements;
3. Implement the implementation of Strategic Roadmap and Action Plan (SRAP) initiatives targeting digital literacy, digital innovation and entrepreneurship;
4. Provide insight into a range of IT tools that implicitly support creative and innovative learning;
5. Improve participants’ digital literacy, internet research skills and presentation skills.
At the end of the training, participants will be given work tools and should be able to:
1. Use ICT to create sustainable employment;
2. Empower 30 people with disabilities with digital tools.
3. Ensure that persons with disabilities become self-reliant after digital empowerment.
4. Be self-reliant.
Who should be present?
The NITDA IT training program is open to all Nigerians living with any kind of disability living in the south and south. It would target the clusters of people with hearing and/or speech impairments, visually impaired people and physically disabled people.
All applications received will be screened and only successful candidates will be contacted
For further information contact:
NITDA website: https://nitda.gov.ng
E-mail: [email protected]
+234 92 920 263
+234 816 840 1851
+234 075 242 0189
MTN Nigeria Recruitment for Graduate Representatives
BUA Cement Graduates Intern Recruitment 2022
Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) $5,000 Grant Application 2022
US College Scholarships for International Students
Bank Recruitment 2022 Entry – Apply Now
NMFB calls on applicants to check their approval status for Covid-19 TCF loans
AA Zaura Foundation Scholarships 2022 – Apply Now
iHatch Startup Incubation Program 2022
20,000 APSAN members benefit from CBN loan intervention
Nigerian Police Shortlisted Successful Candidates
To get more opportunities updates:-