Operations Development Manager at Robert Gordon University
Salary: £35,326 – £40,927 per year
Closing date: 20/07/2022
Please follow this link to apply
You will lead a number of strategic initiatives where you will use your knowledge, experience and innovative thinking to improve and develop business operations and membership sales. You will also use your knowledge and experience to develop staff to ensure that RGU SPORT remains operationally efficient and commercially viable.
You are committed to providing a quality customer service and student experience at the university and understand the importance of analyzing data to do so. You have extensive knowledge of sports, exercise and leisure, in particular with regard to facility management.
Educated at university level in a sports/leisure or management related discipline, you will have proven management experience within a sports, fitness and exercise field, personal confidence and composure, excellent communication skills and a strong commitment to customer service. You have experience working in a customer-facing environment with skills related to project management, budgets and motivation.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain relevant industry experience in a fast paced, exciting environment through a period of development and also to gain ongoing professional development
For this position, the person must participate in the PVG scheme. For more information visit: https://www.mygov.scot/pvg-scheme/
To apply, please submit your resume along with a cover letter describing your suitability for the position as set out in the requirements of the person specification.
Salary on first appointment will normally be the lowest in the scale, although in exceptional circumstances a position higher in the scale may be considered.
• Sport/Leisure or Management related diploma or equivalent through experience.
• Leadership experience within a similar sports, exercise and fitness environment, responsible for line management and staff development.
• Proven ability to deliver against the strategic direction related to the development, organization and delivery of a commercially oriented operational facility.
• Experience in managing facility operations, including the organization and delivery of operational aspects of facility management such as; Health and safety compliance, building maintenance and budget management.
• Experience with the use of IT packages to improve administrative processes and business operations.
• Knowledge and experience in managing and motivating people.
• Experience with sales and marketing.
• Experience with project management, business analytics and making business plans/proposals.
• Evidence of continuous professional development
• Have a full UK driving licence.
• Recognized health and safety qualifications
• Fitness Industry Qualifications
• Knowledge and experience of the higher education sector
• Additional management experience in areas such as team motivation and change management.
• Experience with Leisure Management Systems
• Management experience within a sports department of higher education.
• Experience in recruiting, training and assessing personnel
Please follow this link to apply.
BACK TO LIST