Apply for The Nedbank External Bursary Program to support academically deserving students with proven financial need to take their first steps towards achieving their dreams and earn their first undergraduate degree.
DEADLINE: June 30, 2022
Nedbank external scholarship program
The Nedbank External Bursary Program aims to fund academically deserving students who do not have the financial means to study full-time for a first undergraduate degree or diploma at a South African public university or university of technology. The aim of the scholarship program is to address the skills shortage in South Africa, with a specific focus on skills in the green economy.
In short, a green economy promotes the maintenance and promotion of economic, environmental and social well-being. Green economics skills refer to those areas of study that aim to improve human well-being and social justice while also significantly reducing environmental risks and ecological scarcity. Green economy skills include reducing carbon emissions and pollution, increasing energy and material efficiency, and enhancing our natural capital.
Criteria for selection
1. We only consider applications from South African citizens.
2. You must have a demonstrable financial need, determined on the basis of the family income.
3. You have achieved at least the following study results:
3.1 On average 65% in the year you apply for the scholarship, so in grade 12 or university level.
3.2 An average of 65% for the required courses that correspond to the study you are going to study at the university.
4. We will not consider candidates who have completed their Grade 12 or Senior Certificate with Mathematics Literacy.
5. You must have been admitted to a South African public university or university of technology for the undergraduate qualification you intend to study.
Required supporting documents for your application
1. A certified copy of your South African identity card/document.
2. Your most recent academic transcript, ie:
2.1 Final grade 11 results, as well as your mid-year results if you are currently in grade 12.
2.2 Final results grade 12 and your interim results if you are currently in your first year at university.
2.3 Your results from the last year of study and your current interim results if you are currently in your second or third year at university.
3. The affidavit of financial control must be signed by:
3.1 your parent(s) or guardian(s);
3.2 you, the grant applicant.
Download the affidavit herecompleted, make sure it is signed by all of the above parties and attach it to your application.
The screening process
1. We will only consider scholarship applications submitted online through the link we provided.
2. Incomplete scholarship applications will be rejected.
3. Scholarship applications will be screened and shortlisted according to the qualification criteria listed above.
Required Supporting Documents for Shortlisted Candidates
Parents, legal guardians and all income earning members of a shortlisted candidate’s household must provide the following:
1. Written consent that they understand that personal information will be requested and provided to third parties who will assist the Nedbank Educational Trust in verifying earnings.
2. Completed statement of income and expenditure of the joint household income of the applicant.
3. Certified copies of the following documents in one go, within seven working days of the application:
3.1 Identity document(s).
3.2 Most recent pay slip(s), employment letter(s), not older than three months, from each parent or guardian.
3.3 Proof of income, home loan account statement, municipality/municipality rate and tax statement (not older than three months), if parents or guardians are informal traders or street vendors.
3.4 IRP5, IT3 and IT12 forms for the past two years, if parents or guardians only earn commission.
3.5. An official pension slip or bank statement (not older than three months), if parents or guardians receive income in the form of pension / subsidy / alimony / rent / interest from investments.
3.6. Bank statements for the past three months.
Shortlisted candidates must undergo psychometric and other assessments and attend a virtual interview.
When the screening process is completed, the application forms and screening results will be submitted to the Nedbank Educational Trust for review. Scholarships are awarded at the sole discretion of the Trust.
All applicants will receive feedback on the outcome of their applications when the recruitment process is complete.
How to apply?
Click here to apply for the Nedbank External Bursary Program or use the following link: https://www.nedbank.co.za/content/nedbank/desktop/gt/en/careers/youth-talent/the-bursary-programme.html
For assistance, please contact the Nedbank Bursary Team: Unlockyourambition@nedbank.co.za.
You can also check > SACTA NPC Bursary – SA Cultivar & Technology Agency (SACTA)