Name for Readers for the Mandela Washington Fellowship Program 2023
The US Division of State and IREX seek educational, skilled, and regional specialists to teach and assess Apply for the Mandela Washington Fellowship 2023† During the first eight years of the Fellowship, this system acquired nearly 300,000 targets from 49 sub-Saharan African countries for five,800 Fellow slots.
The Mandela Washington Fellowship for Younger African Leaders is the flagship program of the Initiative for Young African Leaders (YALI)† By bringing younger leaders to the US for educational programs and management coaching, the Fellowship creates distinctive alternatives for Fellows and Americans to work together to drive financial development and prosperity, strengthen democratic governance, and improve peace and security in Africa and the USA.
In the summer of 2023, the Fellowship will transport as many as 700 younger leaders to the US for a complete executive-style program designed to build expertise and enable Fellows to guide their respective industries and communities.
Readers are responsible for evaluating program candidates, primarily based on established tips and a scoring rubric. The study interval will begin on September 15, 2022 and may include as many as three separate study phases, each approximately two weeks, from mid-September to early November. Selected readers will likely be assigned to one of many stages of study and each evaluation may have about 40 goals.
Obligations and study interval
- Readers are responsible for evaluating program goals based primarily on established tips and a scoring rubric. This can be a nice skill boost and an alternative to building a resume for professionals or those looking for a level.
- The study interval starts on September 14, 2022and may include as many as three separate phases of study, each about two weeks, from mid-September to early November.
- Selected readers are assigned to one of many stages of study for evaluation of approximately 40 purposes.
- Each software takes about 10-15 minutes to learn and review; the total time spent is estimated at 10 hours.
- Ultimate readers are educators and/or professionals with experience in some of the Fellowship’s thematic areas (enterprise, community engagement or public administration), who have expertise in Africa or have expertise in sub-Saharan African issues. Employees of the US authorities and Fellowship alumni are eligible.
- Applicants for the 2023 Fellowship are not eligible to be readers.
- If you are considering serving as a reader, please enter the type of device as soon as possible.
- Submit the device type by: Sep 2, 2022 to be eligible for the study pool from the primary section.
- IREX will verify via email if you were chosen as a reader before the Fellowship software closes on September 13, 2022.
For additional information: