It has been agreed that DAAD will cooperate with Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources (LUANAR) by offering up to 3 In-Country Scholarships for PhD studies, up to 5 In-Region Scholarships for PhD studies and up to 3 In-Country Scholarships scholarships for masters studies, up to 7 in-country scholarships for masters studies at Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources (LUANAR) for the 2021 intake. Scholarships will be awarded subject to the mobilization of funds and the conclusion of a contract between the host institution and DAAD.
Deadline: June 15, 2022
About the award: As part of the “In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme”, DAAD is offering scholarships for PhD and Masters studies. The program is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and focuses on university personnel in primary care, without neglecting public sector demand
of academically trained personnel.
The target audience for scholarships are graduates and postgraduates from Sub-Saharan Africa with a first academic degree when applying for a master’s degree, or with a master’s degree when applying for a doctoral degree program who wish to pursue a master’s or PhD degree. In-Region Scholarships are for students who wish to participate in a program of study in a country of their home region (here:
Sub-Saharan Africa/outside their home country). In-Country Scholarships are for students studying in their home country or in the country for which they hold residency.
Eligible Fields: The scholarships at Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources (LUANAR) are available in the following fields:
• PhD in Aquaculture and Fisheries Science
• Master of Science in Aquaculture and Fisheries Science
Type: Master, PhD
• have generally obtained a three-year university degree (master’s candidates) or a two-year university degree (doctoral candidates) with above-average results (minimum: Second Class/Higher Division)
• show clear motivation and strong commitment
• have a thorough knowledge of the instruction language
• generally did not obtain their last university degree more than 6 years ago at the time of application
• must be a national or permanent resident of a country south of the Sahara
• must generally be a) staff member of a public university, b) candidate eligible for recruitment of teaching or research personnel, c) from the public sector, d) Alumni of the DAFI program
Female candidates and candidates from disadvantaged regions or groups are particularly encouraged to participate in the programme.
Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan Africa
To be taken in (country): Malawi
Number of awards: 18
Price Value: Fully Funded
Duration of award: Scholarships are initially awarded for one year and may be extended up to a maximum of the regular study period upon receipt of an application for renewal. Scholars must demonstrate sufficient progress before an extension is granted.
How to Apply: The application process consists of two steps. Please take into account the two application deadlines.
It is important to review all application requirements on the Award webpage (see link below) before applying.GOODLUCK