The Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research (FGSR) is pleased to announce details on the 2021/2022 University of Alberta Doctoral Recruitment Scholarships.
• For students with a start date on September 1, 2022, the deadline is July 11, 2022.
• For students with a start date on January 1, 2023, the deadline is November 15, 2022.
Eligible Countries: Domestic and International
To be taken in (country): Canada
Eligible Fields of Study: Courses offered by the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research
About the award: The FGSR recruitment scholarships attract the best and brightest students to the University of Alberta. The purpose of this scholarship is to recruit superior doctoral-level students who have the potential to contribute to the community and research of the University of Alberta.
Type: PhD Recruitment Scholarships
Eligibility: The scholarship is awarded to students who:
• Do Canadian citizens, permanent residents or students have a study permit?
• have been admitted by the department to a doctoral program or are transferred from the master to a doctoral programme
• is enrolled full-time in a doctoral programme
• have an admission GPA of at least 3.5
Departments may have additional selection criteria. Candidates are advised to contact the department where they are seeking admission for more information.
Selection Criteria: Departments may choose to nominate individuals based on a variety of criteria, including academic record, assessment letters, program statement, applicant’s research, potential research contributions, and other technical experience.
Number of Awardees: Each department is assigned an assignment. Individual graduate departments are responsible for selecting nominees based on eligibility criteria and allocations.
Scholarship Value: Scholarships are offered in increments of $5,000.
Duration of Scholarship: The department can decide how many increments of $5,000 will be offered to a student.
How to Apply: There is no application form; eligible students are considered on the recommendation of the admissions department. Students cannot apply for this scholarship. Students must contact their admissions department.