The DAAD is providing tuition, stipends, and accommodation for a two-year degree program at the University of Ghana.
The programme aims at fostering strong, internationally oriented higher education systems in Sub Saharan Africa with the capacity to contribute to sustainable development. To this end, scholarships are granted for development-related Master or doctoral studies for individuals who plan to pursue a career in teaching and / or research at a higher education institution in Sub Sahara Africa .
The University of Ghana is the oldest and largest of the thirteen Ghanaian national public universities. It was founded in 1948, in the British colony of the Gold Coast, as the University College of the Gold Coast, and was originally an affiliate college of the University of London, which supervised its academic programs and awarded degrees. After independence in 1957, the college was renamed the University College of Ghana. It changed its name again to the University of Ghana in 1961, when it gained full university status. The University of Ghana is situated on the West view of the Accra Legon hills and at the northeast of the centre of Accra, now has various schools, institutions, colleges and departments and has over 40,000 registered students.
Application Deadline: 15th June 2022.
Eligible Countries: Africa
Value of Award: Tuition, Stipends, and Accommodation
Number of Awards: Not Specified
Eligible Field of Studies: MPhil in Seed Science and Technology.
Eligibility: To be eligible, you must;
- have completed generally a three-year university degree (Master candidates) with above-average results of Second-Class Upper Division or equivalent.
- clearly show motivation and strong commitment
- have a thorough knowledge of the language of instruction
- have generally completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application
- must be nationals or permanent residents of an African country
- have obtained a good first degree, at least a second class lower division in Agriculture, Botany, or related field from a recognized university.
- have a test score of at least 550 (paper test) or 213 (computer test) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
How to Apply: Applicants must have to enroll in the MPhil degree programme at the university.