Fifty Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships are for candidates from least developed, low, and lower middle-income Commonwealth countries, for part-time Master’s study by distance learning on selected courses offered by UK universities. These scholarships are funded by the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office.
Application Deadline: 15th March 2022
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The scholarship includes full tuition fee and resources to enhance student participation, access and research skills.
Eligible Field(s) of Study: Before applying, please read the Eligibility Information on the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission website.
- Clinical Education, MSc
- MSc Epidemiology
- Family Medicine, MSc
- General Surgery, ChM
- International Development, MSc
- MSc Surgical Sciences
- ChM Trauma & Orthopaedics
- ChM Urology
- ChM Vascular & Endovascular Surgery
Eligibility: To apply for a Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship, candidates must:
- Be a citizen of or be granted refugee status from an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently and continually resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard. A lower qualification and sufficient relevant experience may be considered in certain cases
- All candidates must provide at least one reference
- All candidates must hold an offer to start their chosen course of study in the 2022.
How to Apply:
This is a TWO PART process
PART ONE: Apply to the programme at the university, search for your eligible On-line Masters of choice on our Degree Finder.
To secure an offer you must meet the University of Edinburgh entry requirements, including demonstrating English language competency. Applicants are highly encouraged to inform the . about the intention to apply to the CSC scholarship scheme in order to meet the 15th of March deadline.
PART TWO: Once you have received an offer from the University of Edinburgh, apply to the Commonwealth Scholarships, information on how to apply can be found here.
Before applying, please be sure to read the Eligibility information on the Commonwealth Scholarships webpage.
Remember you must include all supporting documentation.