Applications for fully funded Chevening Scholarships to study for one-year master’s degrees at UK universities are now open.
Chevening enables outstanding emerging leaders from all over the world to pursue one-year master’s degrees in the UK.
Application Deadline: 1st November 2022 at 12:00 (GMT)
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible African Countries: Developing countries
To be taken at (country): UK Universities
Number of Scholarship: 1,500
Value of Scholarship: A full Chevening Scholarship award normally comprises:
- payment of tuition fees;
- travel to and from your country of residence by an approved route for you only;
- an arrival allowance;
- a grant for the cost of preparation of a thesis or dissertation (if required);
- an excess baggage allowance;
- the cost of an entry clearance (visa) application for you only;
- a monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover accommodation and living expenses. The monthly stipend will depend on whether you are studying inside or outside London. It is currently £917 per month outside London and £1134 per month inside London (subject to annual review).
Duration of Scholarship: One year
Eligible Fields of Study: Chevening Scholarships are awarded across a wide range of fields; including politics, government, business, the media, the environment, civil society, religion, and academia in any UK University
Eligibility: To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK.
- Have at least two years’ work experience (this may be up to five years for fellowship programmes, so please refer to your country page for further details)
- Have Applied to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices.
How to Apply: It is important to go through the application instructions on the scholarship webpage before applying.